Sunday, June 8, 2014

Flying Solo

Monday starts the last week of school before summer vacation. I plan to spend the week walking as much as I can, before school lets out, and I'm surrounded by children, my own and other people's. I pretty much always have an extra kid or two here ;)

I am hoping to convince my husband to buy a pool next weekend, but we will see how that one works out for me. He said we can get one, just not when. I am very much looking forward to it, as are my children. 

Yesterday I went to a music festival, Pine Groove, that my brother-in-law puts on every year. It's awesome, and lots of fun. It was a gorgeous day for it, and there was a big turnout! Lots of walking. And Matthew has now decided that he wants to be a DJ. He was pretty good ;)

Speaking of Matthew, he HATES the C25k, to the point of tears. So, I guess I'm flying solo on that one. I'm not going to force the child to do something he hates. Except homework. And cleaning his room. We will just walk a lot, until he builds up his stamina.

I also definitely need to change our eating habits. My sister, Heidi, gave me some great advice last night. She told me to make breakfast my biggest meal, then taper down from there. I always knew that breakfast should be your biggest meal, but never thought about making each other one progressively smaller. I am TERRIBLE at eating right. I skip meals all the time, and will sometimes go an entire day or more without eating at all. Especially in the summer, when it's hot. That is so, so bad for your metabolism. It puts your body into starvation mode. So, I am going to try to follow my sister's advice, hopefully that works.

We plan to leave electronics off and play outside for the summer, but I will still keep up with this blog. It's gotta rain sometime, right? ;)







No comments:

Post a Comment