Sunday, January 4, 2015

New Year, New Goals

What a difference a year makes!! Wow. It's been a whole year since I started this blog. Hard to believe. Matthew and I have not reached our full goals yet. Matthew is actually more than ten pounds heavier than he was a year ago. However, he is also taller. And 14 lbs less than he was at his last doctor's appointment, so that is awesome. He is really struggling, and I'm having trouble keeping him motivated. He is at 146 lbs, with 26 left to lose. I am down to 132, with 22 lost, and 22 left to lose. Making me halfway there!! So, we have not reached our final goals, however, we are closer now than we were a year ago ;)







Seriously. Look at our one year progress picture up there ^^^!! Now, I am the first to admit that we have really been slacking off lately. Between having an entire extra family here, to my health issues and dental work, it has been craziness. But, the kids go back to school tomorrow, my mouth is feeling much better, my tremor is here to stay, and my extra family is gone for good. So, it is time for a fresh start! I have the Beach Babes DVD with Karina and Katrina from Tone It Up. I also have 4 free hours Monday-Thursday. So, tomorrow I will be popping the DVD in, and checking it out. I still need to figure something out for Matthew. He has a lot more homework this year, but he NEEDS to be exercising as well. Gym class just isn't enough.




Now, last year my goal was to improve my health. And, in that aspect, I was definitely successful. I had a full blood panel done, a CT scan, and an MRI, because of my head tremor. But, the best part is, I am FINALLY after many, many years, getting my teeth fixed. It was very, VERY much needed. It has actually not been too bad. Even my recovery from my wisdom teeth surgery hasn't been THAT bad. And in the end, it is all going to be SO worth it! I am nearly done with all of the dental work, thank goodness. Not all health issues are about weight. I took care of several non weight related things this year, along with learning to eat better and make exercise a priority. So, even without reaching my goal weight, I'm gonna call the last year a success ;)




       Here's to another successful year!!


No comments:

Post a Comment