Thursday, March 6, 2014

Fat Tuesday & New Tires Wednesday

Fat Tuesday is, for religious folks, the last day before Lent. Which is when many people give something up for the weeks leading up to Easter Sunday. For our New Orleans friends, it means Mardi Gras, for many places there is King Cake. Here in Michigan, however, Fat Tuesday is more commonly known as "Paczki Day". If you don't know what a paczki (pronounced poonch-key) is, it is a very rich, calorie laden donut, filled with any number of things. Custard, prune, strawberry, raspberry, lemon, apple, etc. They are a traditionally Polish cuisine. An average paczki has 700 calories. Just for ONE!! That can wreak havoc on anyone's diet! Lucky for me, I strongly dislike paczkis. So I was still able to stay under my calories, even on Tuesday ;)

Yesterday, Wednesday, we got new tires on our van. While we were waiting, we wandered around the store connected to the auto place for a very long time. Good exercise, but not the funnest with a cranky three year old. However, I no longer get stuck in the snow just driving down my street, so it was well worth it. After getting stuck several times in my driveway, then getting stuck going down the express way on Saturday (it took us 2 1/2 hours to get home from Detroit, normally a 40-50 minute drive), and finally getting stuck in Romeo, tires just could not wait! Now, hopefully, we will not get any more snow this year!

I have been using the My Fitness Pal app to log my food and exercise every day, and I have been staying under my calories. I don't enjoy calorie counting, it's tedious. I will continue, but I won't like it ;p

Today is Zumba day, so I will be back either later or tomorrow to post about that, as usual :)






No comments:

Post a Comment