Monday, January 13, 2014

Balancing Act

Today started the first full week back to school for the kids. I had nearly forgotten how hectic school nights can be. Between homework, dinner, baths and bed, Matthew and I barely had time to do our challenges, let alone anything else. It is a balancing act, for sure, and we will need some time to adjust to adding workouts to our daily routine during the week.

We did day 7 of the challenges (90 squats?!?! Ouch.). Matthew is also swimming in gym class, which is great. I am able to get some cardio done during the day most days. Now we just need to get Matthew's ninja workout to fit in there after school, and we will be all set.

I was trying to decide if we should try to work out before, or after dinner. So, of course, I hit up Google. This article says that it may be better to do it before:

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/37492881/ns/health-fitness/t/get-rid-fat-dont-eat-workout/#.UtTAivRDuSo

So, that will be our goal for now.

It has been one week since I started this blog. It's somewhat hard to come up with things to post every single day, but I'm trying! I think once we get into the swing of things, it will be easier to find things to say. I think I said this in the first post, but Matthew and I have decided to only weigh in once a month. I want to focus more on getting, and staying, healthy, and less on a number on a scale. That is also why the scale is still in the basement, and not up here in the bathroom ;) Well, I guess that's it for tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment