Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Internet can be a wonderful thing.

Many years ago, when I was pregnant with my first child, Matthew, I signed up for a "mommy site" called Babycenter. They sent me weekly or monthly updates on my pregnancy via email, and had helpful resources on their website. They also had message boards. I tried them out once or twice, but those women were MEAN, so I didn't bother with that part.

Fast forward to my second pregnancy, my daughter Alyssa. My sister Heather, who was also pregnant with my niece Lilliana, mentioned Babycenter. I had nearly forgotten about it, but I signed back in, went to the board for moms due in September 2006, and hit the little button to join the group. The rest, as they say, is history.

Those women were, and remain to this day, the absolute best group of ladies I've ever "known". We still are together, 8 years later. Although now we've moved over to Facebook. We have been through SO much together. Births, deaths, more births, marriage, divorce, remarriage, you name it. When something goes wrong, or right, we almost always post in our private group first. Even when I got pregnant with my last baby, Lucas, I stuck with my Sept. 06 girls. No other group compares.

So, when I posted my first blog post to Facebook yesterday, I was not surprised that most of the encouraging comments were from my 06 mamas. We even created a group to support and encourage each other! From that group, one of my friends, Sophie, posted a website full of different 30 day challenges. Matthew and I chose three, and started them today. Feel free to join us! Here they are:




No comments:

Post a Comment