Monday, February 17, 2014

Bye Bye Inches :D

I took our measurements today, and I was not disappointed!! I am down 4.25 inches, and Matthew is down 3.5!! Woo-hoo! That is definitely a good feeling. I was actually kind of dreading taking them, in case we didn't change, or worse, gained inches. So, of course, I was thrilled that we lost any at all. We didn't weigh ourselves, we'll wait a couple of weeks for that. I was only going to measure us once a month, when we weigh in, but the 30 Day Shred says to measure yourself at the end of each level. So for now we are measuring every ten (or so) days. Once the shred is done, we will do it every month.

Matthew was a little bit bummed that his body fat percent didn't change, and mine went down 2%. He just didn't lose inches in the spots that the calculator has you input. I told him to focus on the fact that he DID lose inches. That means that he is making progress. There is no deadline. This is about learning to be healthy, not losing a certain amount in a certain time frame. So, any loss is wonderful, no matter what, or how long it takes.

I still have a long way to go when it comes to teaching Matthew better eating habits. This morning he asked for chips for breakfast, and when I said no, he asked if he could go to his dad's. So, obviously that is still a work in progress. I don't even think we have any chips... He is doing pretty well with portion control, so that is good. Now he just needs to learn to make good choices with snacks, and things like that. I need to find healthy snacks that he likes. If you have any good suggestions, please let me know!



                                                     



No comments:

Post a Comment