Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Reasons

When it comes to losing weight, you need to make sure that you are doing it for the right reasons. If you are trying to lose weight for someone else, you will probably not succeed. However, if you are doing it for YOU, then you have a much better chance for success. You should also primarily be doing it to be healthy, not just for looks. Although, let's face it, we all want to look good.

Of course I am looking forward to looking decent in a bathing suit, and fitting into my jeans again. But my main reason for starting this was, and is, health. As someone who lost my father at a very young age to heart disease, watching out for the risk factors is important. I don't smoke, and very rarely drink, so adding watching my eating habits and getting exercise makes sense.

The thing that concerns me the most with Matthew and I, is that we seem to both carry most of our weight in our stomachs. That is very bad, health wise. However, we both lost inches in our waists so far, so that is a very good thing. We just need to keep on plugging away.

Today the kids and I cleaned out the playroom and made more room. That way it is easier to exercise in there. That is where the DVD player is, so that is where I have to do my workout videos. It had tons of room, until we added a twin bed for guests. Now it is a bit more cramped, but there is still room to move. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment