Friday, February 7, 2014

We All Have Excuses

I'm sore. I'm tired. I have way too much to do. Everyone has an excuse for why they don't exercise. And far too many people are searching for that magic pill that will make them lose weight. Of course, that pill doesn't exist, and it never will. Well, maybe someday it will, but I doubt it.

Honestly, if it weren't for this blog, there are days that I would have skipped working out. And weeks that I might not have gone to Zumba. But I made a commitment, so I'm sticking to it. Even when I'm too tired, or too sore, or too busy. I find myself making time, no matter what else is going on, to exercise. Some days, I really don't want to. That is why this blog is so great. Knowing that I am going to be writing a post every night ensures that I fit my workout in. And I have never, ever, thought man, I sure do regret working out. 

Don't worry though, I'm not getting sanctimonious on you. I really hate when people start to work out, or eat healthy, and then talk down to everyone else. Deciding to change your lifestyle does not make you better then someone. Similarly, being a mom, and in shape, does not make you superior to other moms.

My point is, you don't have to do a workout video, go to Zumba, or do challenges to exercise. Walk to work, or walk your kids to the bus, or park. If you have stairs in your house, odds are you get a workout daily just going up and down them. If you stop and think about it, you probably get some form of exercise every day. Heck, even laughing works some muscles! Don't be too hard on yourself if you don't find time in your day to do a workout video, or crunches, or go for a run. Instead think about what you DID do. Maybe you chased your toddler around all day. Or walked your dog. You might have washed your windows, or played catch with your kid. Focus on that. If you can make the time for a little more, great. If not, well, there's always tomorrow ;)


                                                     My exercise partner today :)




She was going CRAZY!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment