Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Thank You!!!

I am really amazed by the outpouring of support and encouragement we are getting. It really helps keep us motivated as well. If anyone ever wants to work out with us in any way, let me know! You could come to Zumba with us, come over and dance your booty off on the Wii, or even just go for a walk. I know it's easier with a buddy :)

I have to be honest with you, I have never had to struggle to lose weight before. Normally, I pack it on while I breastfeed (I am NOT one of the women who burns a billion calories while nursing), then once I wean, it basically all falls off. That might even be the case this time around as well. However, since I have a toddler that is determined to nurse until college, I may never find out. So this is very new to me. I have always loved to walk, go to the gym, etc., so that isn't a problem. But before it was more for fun, then health. Now it's about being healthy. And setting a good example for my children.

Today Matthew and I did our 8th day of our 30 day challenges, before dinner. We also did a 20 minute "endurance challenge". It was 5 minutes of walking, followed by 15 minutes of alternating 1 minute of walking and 30 seconds of running. It sounds easy, but seriously, try it. It's a good workout. We both ate less than normal at dinner. I don't know if it was the workout, or perhaps the water we drank? Either way, it was a good thing!

I am going to try to do a new exercise each day. It might make things a bit more "exciting" for the boy. It is definitely easier for me, having Matthew to workout with. I've always loved having a "workout buddy", but always had trouble finding one. Or at least a consistent one. I guess I just had to grow my own ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment