Friday, January 10, 2014

Zumba Thursdays!!!

Okay, let me just start off by saying, I clearly have not been to Zumba class in FAR too long. That was brutal, lol. Now, if you don't know what Zumba is, then clearly you have been living under a rock. But I'll tell you anyway. It is a combination of dance and aerobics, that incorporates hip-hopsocasamba, salsa, merenguemambo and martial arts. It is incredibly fun, even if you are like me, and can't dance. At all. Seriously, I'm embarrassingly bad. I do NOT have the moves like Jagger... Matthew however, rocks it! He LOVES dancing, and Zumba is his favorite way to exercise.

Anyway, my friend, and Zumba instructor, Jessica makes it SO much fun, and she makes it look, and feel, easy! Even brand new songs that I have never done are not hard to catch on to. If you are local, you should definitely check out one of her classes! She is in Algonac at Algonac Health and Fitness on Mondays and Wednesdays from 6pm-7pm, and Saturdays from 10am-11am. Then she has a Thursday class in Marine City at St. Mark's Episcopal Church from 7pm-8pm. Oh, and the BEST part? Her classes are only $7 per person!! Here is her Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/zumbaislife

We have marched (well Zumba'd actually) in parades, done a Zumba routine in a dance recital, and Jessica has special Halloween and Christmas classes. It really is SO much fun!! So, every Thursday I will talk about Zumba class, post pictures, and maybe even sometimes short videos. I do the Thursday class partly because it is walking distance from my house, but also because the church has a nursery, so I am able to bring the younger two and let them play. I would love to do more days, but until Lucas outgrows his "cling to mommy as she walks out the door" phase, Thursdays it is!

In addition to the Zumba class, Matthew and I also did day three of our 30 day challenges. 

Here are some pictures from Zumba. Sorry the one of Jessica is blurry, I was dancing. Also sorry the one of the three of us is blurry as well. I didn't take it, of course ;)








No comments:

Post a Comment